Wednesday, March 19, 2008

BABY HAS ARRIVED





Well, we had our baby! FIVE WEEKS EARLY! It took Mike and I completely off guard. On Tuesday March 11 I began contracting and they were about four to five minutes apart and increasing in intensity. I went to Labor and Delivery and they monitored me trying to get the contractions to stop. I was given SO MANY SHOTS of medicine. Nothing seemed to stop the contractions and i was dialating and thinning fast. The nurse after talking to the doctor comes in and says, "Okay we are having this baby in 20 minutes." They did a cesarian and Mike and I were not prpared at all. We had no camera or anything. Thank goodness for camera phones. Needless, to say Abigail Ruth Carver was born at 5:01 am Wednesday March 12, 2008. She weighed 6 pds 13 oz. and 19 inches long. She was huge for being 5 weeks early. She was breathing on her own and all vitals were great, but she had severly low blood sugar and had to be admitted into the NICU at Mckay Dee hospital. She was there for a week and we barely took her home yesterday. Since I had a ceserian, I was able to stay in the hospital for a week and after that they let me board in the room for free. It was very intense, but nothing ompared to our experience with Halle.
to top off the week,Mylee our oldest has been running a high fever and may possibly have strep throat. So, we have to be so careful around here. Anyways gotta go..Abby is hungry...

6 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

Congratulations you guys...it is scary I am sure when they come early. But it sounds like she is doing great!! She is beautiful, just like your other two. Congrats again!!

Scott said...

I havent looked at blogs for awhile... Congrats!! I am sure you guys were nervous as anything. Glad to here that she is healthy and happy.

Nyree said...

Congratulations! She is adorable. I love her hair.. it's so pretty. I am glad she is doing so well with coming fairly early. As you can guess.. I love her name! Great minds think alike, right ;) Let me know if you need anything and good luck with three sweet girls at home. Hope to see you soon.

The Flitton's said...

She is beautiful! I can't get over all of that hair! I bet your girls just love her. Sorry you had another scare - but I am glad things turned out well. She weighed more than both of our boys. Can you imagine how big she would have been if she wasn't early? Congratulations. Hope all is well.

Kris said...

Congratulations! I haven't checked blogs in a while and just found out from Cam that you had her a couple of days ago. She is beautiful and I'm so glad to hear that she and you are doing well!

Amber said...

She must have really wanted to share her birthday with me, huh? So I had no clue that you were pregnant. Shows how much I'm out of the loop. Oh well, a few more weeks (which can easily turn into months, as we've learned) and we'll be home. Can't wait to see you guys! Congratulations!!