Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I am back. .. four years later. ..

Woah.... hold the phone. ..it has been four years since I have written on my blog!!!!!! Ok, I am going to have to spend the next few million posts devoted to getting caught up! Well We have moved to a new home and had another baby girl. SAMANTHA MARIE CARVER was born on December 22, 2011. I will fill you in on her more in another post.I have been feeling very inspired for awhile now to document our life better. My feelings and experiences as well as all of the family. I have been thinking a lot about Halle and so I am going to go out of the typical order. I am starting with Halle Bear. She is 8 now some fun little things about Halle are she is obsessed with all things Spiderman, Batman, Captain America...etc. Daddys girl for sure. She loves Legos and can be seen playing for hours on end building and creating. But her favorite thing is to have Daddy make her some cool things. She asks loves tetherball, she got one for her birthday, chinese jumprope, riding her bike and her motorcycle. Get favorite color is red and blue. Halles health has been a lot better the older she gets. We have been so blessed. I worry about Halle a lot. She has her health concerns and when she began school we really weren't sure how it would go. Her preschool teachers all really said she was ahead of all the others. She was already reading when she started Kindergarten. She was always very motivated and wanted to learn. She continued on first grade doing well and then I prayed so hard for her. There was a teacher that taught at her school that she had in Kindergarten that was going to leave her teaching job to be a director of a new charter school that was opening the upcoming year. We loved this teacher she always went above and beyond for Halle. So much more than I had seen teachers do so far. Abyways I felt impressed to apply to this school for my children. I immediately felt anxiety. Is it right? It is hard for me to leave the school their aunt teaches at and so many friends attend... but I was being pulled and pushed in that direction.it came to the time that I had to make the decision. Mylee didn't want to switch Halle and Abby were excited about it. Mike felt we should switch but why wasn't I feeling peace about it? One Sunday I asked Mike to fast and pray with me about this decisio and he and throughout our busy Sunday kept this prayer of school change in our hearts and prayers. I was secretly hoping Mike would just have a divine inspation that I would humbly follow. but unforTunately he said "Lisa, I keep getting the feeling that this has to be your decision. " However I k knew he wanted to switch, but he insisted that I needed to make that choice. Late that night as I toss and turn I get on my knees and pray with all my heart to Heavenly Father. I was pleading with Him, please let me know what to do. Then I say and listened and I heard in my heart Lisa you don't like change! Then my thoughts turned to Halle. Halle needed this school. Then, I knew. I really hate change. I have a hard time. But I moved around as a child 15 Times. Anyways, we made the switch and all the of my girls have the best teachers ever but especially Halle. There is a connection that Halle has with her teacher miss farley that is so special! We made the right choice! Change is good:)

No comments: