

So Mylee had her Kindergarten orientation and we are so excited that she is going to start school soon. She is going to Adams Elementary, where Mike went to school. She is so excited, in fact her teacher has been teaching there ever since Mike went there. Pretty crazy...
While I was sitting there half listening to all of the rules and expecations and whatevers...I kept thinking.."Holy Cow!" I have a Kindergartener!! I am old..I don't feel old...I even am a member of the PTA..oh yeah..I have absolutely no idea what I am doing or getting myself into at this point. I have such mixed emotions about her starting school. She is growing up way to fast. She will be six on Sept 5. I mean, this is nuts. I was freaking out inside a little. I know from here on out time is going to fly and I want to remember these moments and cherish these times. My little My My is getting big. It is harder to pick her up and carry her to bed. She is so big now. She is my little buddy and I am totally excited for this new step in her life. Mike was in the meeting and he was totally bored. I am not sure if he is thinking the same way as me. Our little girl is in Elementary school. It is just crazy. I remember when I was pregnant with her. My water broke and as I am walking into the hospital to deliver, this lady is dealing with her 2 year old little girl's tantrum and she looks at me and says, "Are you ready for this?" I remember thinking' "Well it's too late now...ready or not." Then as I was alone in the triage room while Mike was dealing with insurance stuff I started to cry, huge tears, I was scared. I am a kid having a kid. I was 22, but I was still a kid. Mylee, Mike and I have really been through a lot in the six years of her life. She has taught us so much. We are so blessed to have such a sweet spirit in our home. She is my little helper through and through. I love my little blessing. She is my sweetie...
5 comments:
I am going through the same feelings as you except mine is starting 1st grade!!! Men don't care about these kind of things. Who does she have? Mrs. Rigby? Thats who I had and she still teaches.
That was really sweet to read, you can just tell how much you love your kids. They are lucky to have you. I agree they grow much to fast and I for one hate it!!
Yeah, who does she have as a teacher? I had no idea Mrs. Rigby was still there! My mom absolutely LOVES her, and I think at least 2 of my siblings had her. I don't mean this in a bad way, but I thought she was old when WE went to school there. 23+ years later and she's still teaching!?!?
Isn't it crazy? We dont seem that old, really. Your girls are so cute. Maybe one day we can all get together and they can play!
Oh Lisa, I can only imagine how hard it will be to have Malia go to kindergarten. It's so fun to see Mylee as a baby--that same sweet face with a whole lot less hair! She is going to love school! I'm excited for her!
Post a Comment